Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Woohoo!

I got a job interview. That might not seem to you like a big deal, but the last 5o or 80 jobs I applied for in Utah didn't even result in the slightest response, much less an interview. Today is our 8th day here and I already have a job interview tonight. Something about a "local sign shop seeks experienced production and management help." I had a brief phone interview and they asked me to come in. Should be interesting.

The bad news: It's over an hour away. And I drive a Suburban. If I get the job I'll be shopping for another motorcycle VERY soon.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Jon. Where is the job located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Myrtle Beach. I'll share details about the job (still just an interview; no offer yet) shortly.

    I really enjoyed the drive up there today. Turns out I like South Carolina after all. I'll go into a little more detail in an upcoming blog entry, but for now let's just say that Georgetown isn't a very good introduction to South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I so hope it works out for you. We'll add that to our list of things to pray for (it's getting long enough I'm going to have to carry a 3x5 card in my pocket!). Anything else exciting happening there for y'all? How are the girls? Tell us some cute stuff they've said and done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good news - job interviw as well as other surprises. We do have lots on the prayer roll right now. Good luck. There's a motorcycle in my shed for sale....

    ReplyDelete