Saturday, July 18, 2009

Disturbing

I did about 9 hours of kgb answers today. Well, last night and early this morning (it's 3:30 am). 

The first while was not very busy, and the answers were varied. But the last 3 hours have been nothing but perverts and awkward teenagers who are curious about their bodies (and the bodies of the opposite sex). And curious about sex. And curious about alternatives when sex isn't available. And curious about statistics for all things genitalia. And curious about my genitalia. And curious if "herpes is really a big deal? Can I die from anal warts?" I'm not making this stuff up. At all. I took screenshots of a few that were particularly priceless. 

Fortunately kgb has a set of auto-answer things we can just click to give a canned answer like, "We like a challenge but choose to not answer this one. No charge." 

There is a database where we can grab previous answers and throw them in. We get half pay for those, but they're very fast and actually far more profitable. But it's disturbing to do a search in the database for the terms in the late-night questions and see just how many previous answers there are in the database. 

Mind you this service has been around less than a year, and the auto-answer technology is even newer. (They call it Otto Hansa. Clever, 'eh?) 

Anyway, time for sleep but I dread it because of the mental images I've been given today. 

Pray I find a real job very soon. 


Oh, best question of the night: "My boyfriend spends all his time on kgb. How do I break up with this deadbeat?" I would have loved to have seen her boyfriend get that text on his screen and look over at his girlfriend. 10¢ per question, dude. Put the computer away and pay attention to her. 

G'night.

1 comment:

  1. Now you see why my history is so weird when answering medical questions online.

    ReplyDelete