Friday, July 17, 2009

New Job

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. It's been really busy. I've been sorting through thousands (tens of thousands) of old photos to identify ones that would be good to sell as stock photography, then editing, then setting up a workflow to submit them to multiple stock photography sites. It's a lot of work, but once set up they are available for sale forever and could potentially provide some residual income. 

I'm also starting a new job today for kgb. (Apparently you're never supposed to capitalize it; I assume that's so it isn't confused with the KGB of the old Soviet Union. If they didn't want to be confused with them, maybe they should have picked a different name?) 



I'm a Special Agent. That means I sit around in my jammies and answer people's questions that they text to 542542 (kgbkgb). Try it sometime. It's rather entertaining. (Answers cost 99¢ each. Regular text messaging fees may apply.) 

I get a whopping 10¢ per answer if I do the research, or 5¢ if I use a canned answer from the database. If I work really hard I might be able to make $6/hour! 

So, yeah, it's not about the money so much as an interesting outlet for my unique ability to find basically anything online and remember nearly useful (but apparently not worthless!) trivia. 

Maybe the next time we all get together we can play Trivial Pursuit and I'll be my own team against everyone else. We'll have a blast. I'm sure you can't wait. :) 

Check out some of their commercials: 

http://542542.com/videos

I'm planning on making a much more realistic version that I'll post on YouTube showing what kgb agents really look like. (Maybe I'll wear the same outfit as the chick in the "loser wears my outfit" commercial.) 


Edit: I'm not supposed to blog about questions people ask, and make fun of them and all that, but I have to share this one: Were Jesus' remains ever found? Um, hello?! He was resurrected. What remains did you expect to be found? 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you found work! You ARE uniquely qualified for this job! And no matter how much you make, it is good for you to be working. How is the fam? I can't imagine that you aren't taking pictures, so where the heck are they? If I have to buy them off a stock photography site I'm going to be bugged. I am happy you've posted again - I've checked your blog many times and I was sick of seeing your July 1 post come up. We'd love to hear more from you (and Karla) if you can find time. Of course, I know how it is, so no pressure. Hope all is well. Give the girls a hug and kiss from their favorite Auntie (no, wait, give them one from me!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah, I forgot to mention that I LOVE your blog background. I want it on my blog instead. Okey-dokey?

    ReplyDelete